Just an absolute massive night of hockey. 13 game slate. it’s key to not over play the slate because of the number of games available. pick your spots and let it ride! Check out the matchup chart below, best options imo are Edm, Wpg, Col, Min, Ari, NJ, Tor, Cgy :
- EDM1 – McDavid $8500 is priced up and he really hasn’t hit a ceiling game recently. His price is steep but add in the Puljujarvi $3000 savings and this stack is dynamite. Puljujari threw 6 SOG on Connor’s wing last game. He’s yet to score but his offense generation even prior to playing with Connor suggests he should have a few. Below is his xGF of which he is underscoring expected goals by 1.5. Puljujarvi even saw a little PP1 time near the end of regulation. Nurse $4300 also saw PP1 time, if it sticks, he’s a great stack option.
COL1 – Col is 3-3 on the year. Not good enough for a powerhouse team. Mackinnon $8400, Rantanen $7700 are top plays. Makar $6100 hasn’t been exceptional but he’ll see the PP1 time. Could go with a cheap Kadri $4600 and Byram $2900 who played 19 mins if you need the savings. Keep an eye on lines for COL. Expect a big bounce back against SJ. COL heavily outplayed ANA last game but Gibson kept them in it.
- WPG2 – Ehlers $5400 and Copp $4100 have become quite the duo the last few games. Edm is abysmal defensively, this game could have fireworks go off. The Ehlers/Copp mini is a cheaper attractive play.
- VGK. I’m out on VGK tonight. Stone/Patches have been great but STL is historically strong defensively. STL have gotten beat by some bad goaltending. On the flip side VGK1 is has been exceptional defensively as well. I think I’ll play a full fade here, the matchup based on numbers is one of lower pace but I’ll be the first to tell you I’ve been burned once or twice on this year!
- DET – Not just because they are DET, but DAL has been great defensively the last 25+ gp. Very early this year for DAL so many unknowns but I’ll fade DET here.
- PIT – Through the early season, BOS has 2nd best team xGA next to BUF. If Bergeron plays, he’ll take Crosby matchup and Malkin really hasn’t done a whole lot this year. Malkin is one who could always go off but it’s a risky gamble.
Sonk of the Night
- Skinner – $3500 Has yet to score but generating an xGF of 1.51/60. He’s shooting the puck a ton and NYR matchup fits the bill.
- Kadri – $4600 On the surface, Kadri looks like a minus 8 +/- with a few shots and 2 pts in 6 GP. However, as we see above, Kadri’s xGF compared to actual signal he is well overdue. I look to Kadri to cash in on a poor SJ team defensively.